The Wing is comprised of 5,700 Airmen serving in 34 global locations, and is organized in six groups, 21 squadrons and six detachments. Subordinate groups are: 373d ISR Group (Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson, Alaska); 543d ISR Group (Lackland AFB, Texas); 544th ISR Group (Peterson AFB, Colo.); and the 659th ISR Group, 691st ISR Group and 707th ISR Group (Fort George G. Meade, Md.).
Colonel Flanigan recently served as the Commander, Joint Planning Support Element for the Joint Enabling Capabilities Command in Norfolk, Va. Also, she was a Senior Air Force Fellow at the George C. Marshall European Center for Security Studies in Garmisch, Germany. As a Senior Air Force Fellow at the George C. Marshall Center, Colonel Flanigan focused her research on strategic implications of European/NATO partnerships and counterterrorism, including interviewing terrorists in Northern Ireland. While at the Marshall Center, she led Regional Security Studies in the Balkans, Central Asian States, and directed engagements with the German Ministry of Defense, German Parliament in Berlin and NATO Headquarters, Brussels.
Colonel Flanigan has served the Air Force in numerous other capacities as well. She specialized as an Air Force intelligence analyst for ballistic missiles and chemical and biological weapons, represented Air Force efforts for national-level policy, was a briefer to the Chief of Staff of the Air Force during the Kosovo campaign, deployed with a Joint Task Force effort in Bosnia, led intelligence operations for sensitive peace-keeping NATO missions, served as an Executive and Protocol Officer for Lt Gen Norton Schwartz at 11th Air Force, commanded intelligence actions for all C-17 operations during the opening days of OIF, was an Aide-de-Camp for the Commander, USSTRATCOM, and was the Squadron Commander, Air Intelligence Squadron at Scott Air Force Base (AFB), Ill.
1995 Bachelor of Science degree in Communications, South Dakota State University
1999 Master of Arts degree in Broadcast Journalism, American University, Washington, D.C.
2001 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell, AFB, Ala.
2004 Air Command and Staff College (by correspondence)
2007 Joint Forces Staff College, Norfolk, Va.
2009 Air Command and Staff College (in-residence)
2009 Master of Arts, Operational Airpower Art and Science, ACSC, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2010 Master of Arts, Airpower Art and Science, SAASS, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2013 Senior Fellowship, George C. Marshall Center for European Security Studies, Garmisch Germany.
1. May 1995-February 1996, Assistant to the Commander, Detachment 780, South Dakota State University
2. February 1996-October 1996, Student, Intelligence Officer Training, Goodfellow AFB, Texas
3. October 1996-August 1999, Intelligence Analyst, National Air Intelligence Center, Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
4. September 1999-May 2001, Chief, Combat Intelligence operations Center, Elmendorf AFB, Alaska
5. May 2001-September 2002, Chief of Protocol, 11th Air Force and 3rd Wing, Elmendorf AFB, Alaska
6. September 2002-July 2005, Flight Commander, 437th Airlift Wing, Charleston AFB, S.C.
7. July 2005- May 2006, Chief, Global Analysis Center, HQ USSTRATCOM, Offutt AFB, Neb.
8. June 2006-April 2007, Sr Watch Officer, J2, HQ USSTRATCOM, Offutt AFB, Neb.
9. May 2007 – March 2008, Executive Officer, J3 Global Operations, HQ USSTRATCOM, Offutt AFB, Neb.
10. April 2008-August 2008, Aide-de-Camp to the Commander, HQ USSTRATCOM, Offutt AFB, Neb.
11. August 2008-June 2009, Student, Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
12. July 2009-June 2010, Student, School of Advanced Air and Space Studies, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
13. July 2010 – July 2012, Commander, Air Intelligence Squadron, Directorate of Intelligence, Surveillance, Reconnaissance, Air Mobility Command, Scott Air Force Base, Ill.
14. August 2012 – August 2013, Senior Air Force Fellow, George C. Marshall European Center for Security Studies, Garmisch, Germany
15. August 2013 – August 2015, Military Faculty, Joint and Combined Warfighting School, Joint Forces Staff College, Norfolk, Va.
16. Aug 2015-May 2017, Deputy Commander, Joint Planning Support Element, Joint Enabling Capabilities Command, US Transportation Command, Norfolk, Va.
17. May-July 2017, Commander, Joint Planning Support Element, Joint Enabling Capabilities Command, US Transportation Command, Norfolk, Va.
18. July 2017 – Present, Vice Commander, 70th Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance Wing, Fort George Meade, Md.
AWARDS AND HONORS
Defense Meritorious Service Medal w/ two oak leaf clusters
Meritorious Service Medal w/ oak leaf cluster
Joint Service Commendation Medal
Air Force Commendation Medal with oak leaf cluster
Joint Service Achievement Medal
Air Force Achievement Medal with oak leaf cluster
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION:
Second Lieutenant May 6, 1995
First Lieutenant 15 May, 1997
Captain 16 May, 1999
Major July 1, 2005
Lieutenant Colonel February 1, 2010
Colonel April 1, 2016
(Current as of June 2017)