Col. Brian D. Sidari is the Vice Commander of the 480th Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance Wing, Joint Base Langley-Eustis, Virginia. In this role, he assists in directing worldwide ISR operations of six ISR groups, supporting combatant commanders; combined forces air component commanders, Numbered Air Force commanders and coalition forces. The wing is a total force enterprise composed of more than 6,000 military, civilian and contractor personnel.
Sidari entered the Air Force in 1995 after receiving his commission from the Kent State University’s Reserve Officer Training Corps program. His career includes operational and staff tours, featuring joint and combined service in three theaters. He has served in or deployed to U.S. European Command, U.S. Central Command, U.S. Pacific Command, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, and the Joint Staff.
Prior to his current assignment, he was a student at the Joint Advanced Warfighting School.
1995 Bachelor of Arts, Political Science, Kent State University, Ohio
2000 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
2007 Air Command & Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2007 Master of Military Operational Art & Sciences, Air Command & Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2013 Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala., by correspondence
2016 Joint Advanced Warfighting School, National Defense University
2016 Master of Joint Campaign Planning and Strategy, Joint Advanced Warfighting School, National Defense University
1. June 1995 - May 1996, Assistant Regional Director of Admissions, The Pennsylvania University, Pa.
2. May 1996 - Dec 1997, Student, 315th Training Squadron, Goodfellow AFB, Texas
3. Dec 1997 - July 1999, Squadron Support Flight Commander & Chief of Intelligence, 22nd Training Squadron, Fairchild AFB, Wash.
4. Aug 1999 - July 2002, Airborne Intelligence Officer, Wing Executive Officer & Flight Commander, 93rd Air Control Wing, Robins AFB, Ga.
5. July 2002 - May 2005, Chief, ISR Strategy & Doctrine, RQ-4 Functional Manager & Chief Predator Operations & Programs, Headquarters United States Air Force, the Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
6. May 2005 - July 2006, National Airborne Operations Center, Chief of Intelligence, OPS Team 1, Offutt AFB, Neb.
7. July 2006 - June 2007, Student, Air Command & Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
8. Sept 2007 - July 2009, Director of Operations, 390th Intelligence Squadron, Okinawa Air Base, Japan
9. July 2009 - July 2011, Counter-Terrorism Operations Officer, Joint Staff, the Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
10. July 2011 - July 2013, Commander, 6th Intelligence Squadron, Osan AB, Republic of Korea
11. July 2013 - July 2015, Chief, Special Programs Integration Division, Directorate of Intelligence, Surveillance, & Reconnaissance, Executive Officer to the Vice Commander, Headquarters Air Force Space Command, Peterson AFB, Colo.
12. July 2015 - June 2016, Student, Joint Advanced Warfighting School, National Defense University, Naval Support Activity, Norfolk Va.
13. June 2016 - June 2018, Chief, Assessments and Plans Division, Assistant Deputy Director for ISR Operations (J-32), Operations Directorate (J-3), Joint Staff, the Pentagon, Washington D.C.
14. June 2018 - present, Vice Commander, 480th ISR Wing, Joint Base Langley-Eustis, Va.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Defense Superior Service Medal
Defense Meritorious Service Medal
Meritorious Service Medal with four devices
Aerial Achievement Medal
Joint Service Commendation Medal with one device
Air Force Commendation Medal with two devices
Air Force Achievement Medal with one device
Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal
Air Force Expeditionary Medal with one device
Korea Service Medal
Kosovo Campaign Medal
NATO Medal with one device
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant June 1, 1995
First Lieutenant June 1, 1997
Captain June 1, 1999
Major Oct. 1, 2005
Lieutenant Colonel Aug. 1, 2010
Colonel Nov. 1, 2016
(Current as of January 2019)