Colonel Jeffrey Hinrichs is the Individual Mobilization Augmentee to the 480th Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance Wing Commander, responsible for over 6,000 Total Force personnel in 12 global locations. Previous to this assignment, Col Hinrichs served as the IMA to the United States European Command's J2-Intelligence and Commander, Joint Intelligence Operations Center-Europe Analysis Analytic Center, Royal Air Force, Molesworth, United Kingdom.
Colonel Hinrichs received his commission in 1992 from the United States Air Force Academy, Colo. While on active duty, he served as an intelligence analyst, command briefer and imagery programs officer. After entering the Air Force Reserve in 1999, he was Senior Targeting Officer at U.S. Strategic Command. Col Hinrichs' next assignment was with the College of Aerospace Doctrine, Research and Education at Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala, where he served as the Reserve Director of Intelligence.
Colonel Hinrichs was Commander, 56th Intelligence Squadron, Air Force Special Operations Command, where he led integrated Distributed Ground Station (DGS) ISR operations with co-located remotely piloted aircraft flying units. Prior to this, he served as Director of Operations, 11th Intelligence Squadron, during several extended tours. In both assignments, he directed the planning and execution of specialized DGS missions supporting special operations forces. Colonel Hinrichs' recent deployments included serving as the AFSOC Processing, Exploitation and Dissemination Liaison Officer in OPERATION IRAQI FREEDOM and the Director of Intelligence at the Joint Coordination Center in OPERATION ENDURING FREEDOM.
1992 Bachelor of Science in Basic Science, U.S. Air Force Academy, Colo.
1997 Squadron Officer School in-residence, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1997 Master of Arts in Managerial Economics, University of Oklahoma, Okla
2004 Air Command and Staff College in-residence, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2009 Air War College in-residence, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1. August 1992 - April 1993, Student, Intelligence Officer Course, Goodfellow AFB, Texas
2. August 1993 - March 1995, Foreign Systems Analyst, Space/Missile Systems Center, Los Angeles AFB, Calif.
3. March 1995 - June 1997, Chief, Current Intelligence, U.S.STRATCOM, Offutt AFB, Neb.
4. June 1997 - January 1999, Imagery Programs Officer, USSTRATCOM, Offutt AFB, Neb.
5. January 1999 - October 1999, Senior Targeting Officer, USSTRATCOM, Offutt AFB, Neb.
6. October 1999 - August 2006, Reserve Director of Intelligence Operations, Air Education Training Command, CADRE/IN, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
7. August 2006 - June 2007, Reserve Director of Intelligence, AETC, CADRE/IN, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
8. June 2007 - July 2010, IMA to the 11 IS/CC, AFSOC, 23rd Air Force, Hurlburt AFB, Fla.
9. July 2010 - July 2011, 56 IS/CC, AFSOC, 23rd Air Force, Cannon AFB, N.M.
10. Aug 2011 - Mar 2014, IMA to EUCOM/J2 & JAC/CC, RAF Molesworth, U.K.
11. Mar 2014 - Present, IMA to Commander, 480 ISR Wing, Joint Base Langley-Eustis, Va.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Bronze Star Medal
Defense Meritorious Service Medal
Meritorious Service Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Joint Service Commendation Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal
Joint Service Achievement Medal
National Defense Service Medal with device
Afghanistan Campaign Medal
Iraq Campaign Medal
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Armed Forces Service Medal
Armed Forces Reserve Medal with 5 'M' devices
1996 USSTRATCOM Intelligence Company Grade Officer of the Year
2001 AETC ARC CGO of the Year
2006 Joint Staff Officer's Targeting Course, Dam Neck NAS, Va.
2006 USAF Intelligence Field Grade Officer IMA of the Year
2007 AFSOC Intelligence FGO IMA of the Year
2007 AFSOC FGO IMA of the Year
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTIONS
Second Lieutenant: 27 May 1992
First Lieutenant: 27 May 1994
Captain: 27 May 1996
Major: 15 September 2002
Lieutenant Colonel: 15 September 2006
Colonel: 31 August 2011
(Current as of August 2014)